Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags

From: Karl Maihofer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:29:58 +0200

Noorul Islam K M <address@hidden> schrieb:
I have something like this shamelessly copied from Bernt's doc.

(setq org-tag-alist (quote ((:startgroup)
                            ("@errand" . ?e)
                            ("@office" . ?o)
                            ("@home" . ?h)
                            (:endgroup)
                            ("PHONE" . ?p)
                            ("NEXT" . ?n)
                            ("WAITING" . ?w)
                            ("HOME" . ?H)
                            ("ORG" . ?O))))

Thanks for your reply! Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this "only" effect that if you add the tag @office, than add the tag @home, the first will be deleted automatically? This is not the kind of grouping what I am looking for. For me it should - by the way - be possible to add several tags of the same group.

I'd like to use the same selection keys for different tags. For example I have the following groups:

Group "people":
- Key "h" -> Holger
- Key "o" -> Otto

Group "contexts":
- Key "h" -> @home
- Key "o" -> @office

To make this possible I think it is necessary to be able to select the group in the first step, and then the tag you want to assign - as it is possible for agenda groups.

Any ideas?