Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags

From: Karl Maihofer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:52:47 +0200

Hi Carsten!

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> schrieb:
Group "people":
- Key "h" -> Holger
- Key "o" -> Otto

I use TAB and then completion for people. Otherwise you run into trouble with two people starting with the same name, trusting your system too far....

Yes, this may be a risk. But the people group was only an example. The main reason for me pre-defining the tags and using selection keys is that I use org to archive documents. I'd like to assign tags to this documents: (1) the names of clients the documents belong to (2) tags describing the contents ot the files. To make sure that I do not use different tags for the same thing, it is important to see a list of the used tags when assigning them. So I have to use pre-defined tags and selections keys. Do you know what I mean?

Besides that I have tags in other contexts, e.g. GTD-related tags etc. So it would be very useful to be able to group the tags as it is possible for agenda commands.

Thanks!
Karl