[Orgmode] org-insert-heading

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: [Orgmode] org-insert-heading
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:38:54 +0200

Hi,

doku of `org-insert-heading' says:

,----
| If point is not at the beginning, do not split the line,
| but create the new headline after the current line.
`----

which sounds wisely.

Unfortunately function behaves different, splits line
uses it's following part to create the new headline
from, an inconvenience, resp. bug IMHO.

Also tex-info endorses that:

,----
| When this command is used in
| the middle of a line, the line is split and the rest of the line becomes
| the new address@hidden you do not want the line to be split,
| customize the variable
`----

Seems something across anyway.  Suggest to restore/enable the
behaviour of the doku-string. Could send a patch.

Interesting to read the reason for this change/difference anyway, so maybe I change my opinion too...

Thanks all

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode-components