Re: [Orgmode] Tiny piece of customization for ctrl-c ctrl-c within a tim

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Tiny piece of customization for ctrl-c ctrl-c within a timestamp
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 22:11:27 +0200

Marc-Oliver Ihm <address@hidden> writes:
> Hello !
>

> I sometimes find myself adjusting timestamps just by editing its text;
> e.g. changing <2010-10-16 Su> to <2011-10-16 Su>. However after that
> editing, the day of week is usually wrong (or might be right, I just
> dont know).

Hi Marc-Oliver,

http://orgmode.org/manual/Creating-timestamps.html#Creating-timestamps

describes all you need to change timestamps without errors:

   S-<left>
   S-<right>
       Change date at cursor by one day. These key bindings conflict
       with shift-selection and related modes (see Conflicts).
   S-<up>
   S-<down>
       Change the item under the cursor in a timestamp. The cursor can
       be on a year, month, day, hour or minute. When the timestamp
       contains a time range like `15:30-16:30ยด, modifying the first
       time will also shift the second, shifting the time block with
       constant length. To change the length, modify the second
       time. Note that if the cursor is in a headline and not at a
       timestamp, these same keys modify the priority of an item. (see
       Priorities). The key bindings also conflict with shift-selection
       and related modes (see Conflicts).

Also, `C-c .'  while on a timestamp you may use the calendar interface
to change the timestamp.   Days of the week will be OK.

  Sebastian