Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Links in tangled file - howto jump to .org?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Links in tangled file - howto jump to .org?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:39:38 -0600

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I just discovered one of the mysteries I experienced with org: the appearing
> ID properties.

Yes, I think this is caused by a recent change in the org-store-link
function which is called during tangling.

> They are caused by the back-linking of code (sitting in the file
> resulting from tangling) to the actual location in the .org file which
> was tangled - a REALLY nice feature.  Now I am using R (and therefore
> ESS), and I would like to know, how I can jump from the .R file to the
> .org file? The links are not recognised in ESS - how can I tell ESS
> that these are .org links?

To follow a link you need only call the `org-open-at-point' function
with the point over top of the link.  As for making the links look like
org-mode links and responsive to C-c C-o, that would probably require
the creation of a new minor mode.  The creation of which while not the
most onerous of tasks escapes me at the moment, however as a temporary
workaround, you could add something like the following to your ess-mode
hook to make links stand out...

(defun style-org-links ()
  (interactive)
  (font-lock-add-keywords
   nil `((,org-bracket-link-regexp
          (0 (prog1 nil
               (compose-region (match-beginning 0) (match-beginning 3)
                               "→"))))
         (,org-bracket-link-regexp
          (0 (prog1 nil
               (compose-region (match-end 3) (match-end 0)

Best -- Eric