Re: [Orgmode] Babel for blogging

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Babel for blogging
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:36:24 +0200

Manuel Giraud <address@hidden> writes:
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:07:05 -0600, "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Manuel,
>>>
>>> The following works for me, it creates an index of all files in the same
>>> directory as the Org-mode file.
>>>
>>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>>>
>>> Create an index automatically with an elisp code block.
>>>
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports results :results raw
>>>   (mapconcat
>>>    (lambda (file)
>>>      (unless (file-directory-p file)
>>>        (format "- [[%s][%s]]" (file-name-sans-extension file) file)))
>>>    (directory-files (or default-directory
>>>                         (file-name-directory (buffer-file-name))))
>>>    "\n")
>>> #+end_src
>>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>>
>> Maybe the format statement should look like this instead (swap the two
>> arguments to the format string around):
>>
>> :   (format "- [[%s][%s]]" file (file-name-sans-extension file))))
>>
>> Also, maybe change the link to include the current directory:
>>
>> :   (format "- [[./%s][%s]]" file (file-name-sans-extension file))))
>>
>> Just some thoughts late on a Friday night... ;-)
>
> Thanks that does the trick. But searching the org-mode source (version
> 7.01trans) , I discovered that this function is already here (called
> sitemap instead of index). So now, I can generate the correct sitemap
> with the following project:
>

> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>       '(("orgfiles"
>          :base-directory "~/org/"
>          :base-extension "org"
>          :publishing-directory "~/public_html/"
>          :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
>          :section-numbers nil
>          :table-of-contents nil
>          :auto-sitemap t
>          :sitemap-title "Blog"
>          :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\"
>                      href=\"blog.css\"
>                      type=\"text/css\"/>")
>         ("css"
>          :base-directory "~/org/"
>          :base-extension "css"
>          :publishing-directory "~/public_html/"
>          :publishing-function org-publish-attachment)
>         ("blog" :components ("orgfiles" "css"))))
>
> What's missing now is that the sitemap list is ordered alphabetically
> and I'd like to have it sorted by modification time or, even better, by
> there #+date tag.

It's there, too.

See

  C-h v org-publish-project-alist

"
    If you create a sitemap file, adjust the sorting like this:

      :sitemap-sort-folders    Where folders should appear in the
                               sitemap. Set this to `first' (default) or
                               `last' to display folders first or last,
                               respectively. Any other value will mix
                               files and folders.
      :sitemap-alphabetically  The site map is normally sorted
                               alphabetically. Set this explicitly to
                               nil to turn off sorting.
      :sitemap-ignore-case     Should sorting be case-sensitive?
                               Default nil.
"

Sebastian