[Orgmode] A few questions about how you write e-mails

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] A few questions about how you write e-mails
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 01:37:43 -0400

Dear orgsters,

I've had a few nagging questions that I didn't think warranted too
much discussion, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me this
evening.

Firstly, I notice some of the regular posters wrap org source in the
#+ style org wrappers, others use a <--8--cut-here---8--> or some
similar "horizontal-rule", and yet others use some sort of vertical
"quoting":

.----
| like this
| or this
.__

My first question is two-fold: 1) how did you come to use this style
for quoting code in your replies, and 2) mind sharing the macros or
letting us know what packages you use that help make your e-mails look
tidy?

Secondly, and somewhat related to the first, are orgsters simply using
gnus with message-mode hook to utilize org footnotes? I've noticed I
can style/face the text with a message-mode hook, but I'm wondering
how everyone deals, in general, with plain text footnotes in e-mail?
Do you even use footnotes for sharing links?

Lastly, are any orgsters using gnus+gmail? I've tried just reading org
list mails in gnus, but I find switching back and forth to be jarring
if I read org list e-mails in a browser throughout the day, since I
end up re-reading a lot of mails. Also, mind sharing how you've mapped
the cumbersome "B m [Gmail]/Trash" to a better key? If anyone feels
inspired, I'd use a package that utilized gmail movement shortcuts in
gnus (so mark with x, move out of inbox with e, or move to trash (as
above) with #).

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Best wishes,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
address@hidden
address@hidden

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/