[Orgmode] Re: A few questions about how you write e-mails

From: Noorul Islam K M
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A few questions about how you write e-mails
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:27:56 +0530

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear orgsters,
>
> I've had a few nagging questions that I didn't think warranted too
> much discussion, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me this
> evening.
>
> Firstly, I notice some of the regular posters wrap org source in the
> #+ style org wrappers, others use a <--8--cut-here---8--> or some
> similar "horizontal-rule", and yet others use some sort of vertical
> "quoting":
>
> .----
> | like this
> | or this
> .__
>
> My first question is two-fold: 1) how did you come to use this style
> for quoting code in your replies, and 2) mind sharing the macros or
> letting us know what packages you use that help make your e-mails look
> tidy?
>
> Secondly, and somewhat related to the first, are orgsters simply using
> gnus with message-mode hook to utilize org footnotes? I've noticed I
> can style/face the text with a message-mode hook, but I'm wondering
> how everyone deals, in general, with plain text footnotes in e-mail?
> Do you even use footnotes for sharing links?
>
> Lastly, are any orgsters using gnus+gmail? I've tried just reading org
> list mails in gnus, but I find switching back and forth to be jarring
> if I read org list e-mails in a browser throughout the day, since I
> end up re-reading a lot of mails. Also, mind sharing how you've mapped
> the cumbersome "B m [Gmail]/Trash" to a better key? If anyone feels
> inspired, I'd use a package that utilized gmail movement shortcuts in
> gnus (so mark with x, move out of inbox with e, or move to trash (as
> above) with #).

I have something like this in my .gnus

(defun noorul/move-to-gmail-trash ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((prefix (funcall gnus-move-group-prefix-function
                         gnus-newsgroup-name)))
    (let ((trash (concat prefix "[Gmail]/Trash")))
      (gnus-summary-move-article nil trash))))

(gnus-define-keys gnus-summary-mode-map
    "\C-c\C-g" noorul/move-to-gmail-trash)

Also lots of gnus imap development is going on now. The latest dev build
fetches imap mail faster. But still B m is quiet slow. I hope new work
will give gnus a better future.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul