Re: [Orgmode] Weird behaviour with org-yank and org-startup-indented

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Weird behaviour with org-yank and org-startup-indented
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:31:09 +0200

On Mon, Oct 18 2010, Julien Danjou wrote:

> I've done this then:
>
> * TODO Blalaundo
>
> I go on `u', press C-space, then C-e. The M-; and execute
> (x-selection-value), which returns: "undo".
>
> So far so good. But if I go on `u', press C-space, then C-e, then M-w,
> then M-; to execute (x-selection-value), it returns "* TODO Blala".
>
> So it seems that when the org-startup-indented is set to t, M-w goes
> crazy and set the primary selection wrongly.

So it seems that the problem I raise does not interest anybody, but I
will continue to debug.

This is how to reproduce.
In a Org buffer with org-startup-indented set to t, type:

** TODO abcdefgh

Then:
M-x debug-on-entry x-set-selection

Go on `c', activate mark press C-e, press M-w (kill-ring-save). You'll
hit several breakpoint until you'll get:

Debugger entered--entering a function:
* x-set-selection(PRIMARY "** TODO")
  deactivate-mark()

And I've been further:
saved-region-selection is nil
Then as soon as I select the `c' of the above string,
saved-region-selection is set to "** TODO".

Which seems *bad*. :)

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <address@hidden>   http://julien.danjou.info