[Orgmode] latex export: using levels to export to beamer and article-onl

From: Jay Snoddy
Subject: [Orgmode] latex export: using levels to export to beamer and article-only mode (with beamerarticle)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:03:49 -0400

I am attempting to make a presentation and lecture notes out of org, similar to what I have done before in normal latex.

I would like to use the heading levels to determine what does or does not get displayed in presentation mode. The very lowest levels would be seen only in lecture notes; the latter might be extensive text. (Note that the lecture notes are to be in the latex class, article, with \beamerarticle.... Not as the beamer "notes" per se . Beamer allows for "modes" to hide article content from slides)

I am an org mode and emacs newbie and seem to be making newbie mistakes in approach, though, so I would like to ask for ideas on the "best" approach for this.

I would like to do something like the following...

* section
** subsection
*** frame (but possibly subsubsection in article mode.)
**** one (and only one) item within an itemized list environment
***** \only<article>{ \paragraph{%s}}
****** \only<article>{ \subparagraph{%s}}
******* \only<article>{%s}
******** \only<article>{%s}

I would like to avoid blocks or labels for this and just determine this by heading level, as --at least in my newbie hands-- moving things around when writing/revising is a lot simpler if I just stick with simple outlining. For the subset of work involving lecture notes, I would be willing to lose ability to change frame levels.
I am using a day old Org version.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated!