Re: [Orgmode] Issues with org-mode and LaTeX export.

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Issues with org-mode and LaTeX export.
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:10:07 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to org-mode and I have a few issues with it.  First, I am running
> org-mode version 5.23a from Emacs 22.3.1 on a Linux RedHat machine.

Well, Gerald,  this version is *really* ancient (I think nobody here is
running it).

Would you mind to upgrade, at least to the current stable version 7.01h?

You can download the 7.01h here:

http://orgmode.org/index.html#sec-2

and follow the instructions how to set up AND ACTIVATE it at:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation

and, please, do remember to activate Org-mode:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Activation.html#Activation

> when I open a *.org file, org-mode is turned on OK.  But none of the
> "org-export-latex-*" variables are defined at this point?
Perhaps they were *not* defined in 5.23a version.

Please, upgrade your org-mode.

cheers,
Giovanni