[Orgmode] Re: mobileorg app can't sync

From: Luke Crook
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: mobileorg app can't sync
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:44:55 +0000 (UTC)

Greg Troxel <gdt <at> ir.bbn.com> writes:

> Rodney Price <rodprice <at> raytheon.com> writes:
>
> > I've been trying to get MobileOrg set up with Dropbox, and I seem to
> > have done something to make it impossible for MobileOrg to sync.
> > Whenever I try, I get an error message like,
> >
> > Unexpected error: error getting mobileorg.org
> >
> > (paraphrased somewhat)
> >
> > It was syncing fine at one point, but then I decided to move my ~/org
> > directory into the Dropbox directory, and MobileOrg evidently didn't
> > like the change.
> >
> > How do I get the MobileOrg app (on an iPod Touch) to start up again?

I have same same error. The steps I took are as follows;

- Downloaded MobilOrg app for iPhone.
- Created an account on Dropbox.
- Linked Mobilorg to Dropbox account.
- Created test entry in Mobilorg.
- Attempted to sync.

Error returned "Error syncing changes. An error was encountered while
attempting
to fetch mobileorg.org from the server. The error was: Unexpected error"

On my Dropbox account, I see:

MobileOrg\.dropbox

-Luke