[Orgmode] Re: org-crypt and org-mobile-crypt; user info?

From: Chris Thompson
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-crypt and org-mobile-crypt; user info?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:55:06 +0000 (UTC)

Magnus Nilsson <magnus.nilsson <at> alumni.chalmers.se> writes:

> I would be delighted if anyone could teach me (informatively) how to succeed
with the following two tasks:

> 1. Encrypt a "password-table" I keep in an org-file when saved to disk, while
text would be plain in the buffer. (Best if it can be "transparent" without
passwords, but that is not a must.)

I don't have experience with org-mobile, but the following blog posting answers
your first question:
http://emacs.wordpress.com/2008/07/18/keeping-your-secrets-secret/

Note that you don't have to use org-crypt if the entire buffer is to be
encrypted. Org-crypt is only necessary if you want to mix and match encrypted
and non-encrypted org-mode items in the same file, for example if you want some
items to show up in the agenda.

Also, on Windows and Mac machines, you have to install GNUPG first. It's a
separate download from the mainstream emacs distributions on both platforms.

-- Chris