[Orgmode] Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: C-c / r key-setting bug (?)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:49:19 +0200

On Oct 22, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

[ ... ]

Still an issue:

No brand of Emacs org-mode knows org-occur here

M-x where-is org-occur

==>

org-occur is not on any key

Also when C-c / is pressed, there is no `r'-key displayed,
see screenshot.

As I have been trying to explain during this thread, Emacs does
not know that org-occur is can be reached through `C-c / r'.
So where-is cannot give you a reply.

This is not a bug, it is in the nature of the dispatcher
commands Org-mode uses.

- Carsten

Hi Carsten,

unfortunatly the dispatcher doesn't know either. Missed to attach the sreenshot when reported. Here it is.

I see.  This is becasue `C-c / /' does the same thing.

OK, I'll fix it to thow the "r".

Thanks

BTW think I understand your use of the dispatcher. Think too it's helpful. Would be good if we could reflect how to reconcile this dispatcher with M-x describe-mode and related environment-tools.

I think it is perfectly well supported by describe-bindings
and describe-mode showing the key that leads to the dispatcher.

Lets rest this issue.

- Carsten