[Orgmode] Re: A few questions about how you write e-mails

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A few questions about how you write e-mails
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:06:49 +0200

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Jeff Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> I use boxquote.el (see http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BoxQuote) for the
> above style, but as Samuel and Bernt point out that's not the best way
> for quoting material where the recipient is expected to use the quoted
> material (e.g. code snippets): extracting it from the boxquote is more
> difficult than it needs to be (even if one has boxquote.el installed).[fn:1]
>
> For code, I use the method Bernt described: message-mark-inserted-region,
> which is similar to the purely textual approach of Samuel's, but does
> provide nice fontification in my mailer.
>
> I bind these functions to keys: C-c q for the boxquote style, C-c m for
> the message style, but this is very much a matter of personal
> preference. Sometimes I need boxquote-unbox, but I don't have a key for
> that: I call the function with M-x ...
>
> [fn:1] I used boxquotes for some code once and Seb Vauban (iirc) took me
> to task. I'm pretty sure I have not repeated the faux-pas.

Now, I'd even advice you to use =C-c C-v C-d=, the Babel code markup. I've
signed the FSF papers, and its automatic fontifying (using Org mode faces)
should be integrated in the Gnus dev code.

#+begin_src sh
date
#+end_src

(see a recent thread on that)

But the following:

date

is still good. for code.. ;-)  and maybe supported in other emailers than
Gnus?

Best regards,
  Seb

--