[Orgmode] Re: update of snapshot release broken?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: update of snapshot release broken?
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:27:05 +0530

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I just noticed that both
>> http://orgmode.org/org-latest.zip
>> and
>> http://orgmode.org/org-latest.tar.gz
>> provide old files like e. g. org.el from mid of October
>>
>> Currently I misuse this snapshot to install the exactly same version
>> at home and at work. I did not find out in reasonable time how to use
>> git to get the same version again later that was the most recent at
>> the time of the upgrade on the first machine. I hope there are others
>> that would also appreciate if someone would add how to do this use
>> case with git to
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#keeping-current-with-Org-mode-development

I think you are keen to have the same versions running on both your home
and work machines.  An easy way to achieve this (without worrying too
much about git) is to download the tarball store it in a safe place so
that you can reuse it at a later point.

Not exactly answering your query. Hope atleast your needs are taken care
of. Why bother about git when you don't have to?

Btw, the need to use git to install latest tarballs would go away in
foreseeable future.

Jambunathan K.