Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:06:09 +0200

On Oct 15, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Ilya Shlyakhter wrote:
(...)
I think that a way to define logical groups of tags (or even a
hierarchy of tags
-- say with a subtree of tag names?) would be a very useful addition.

>>> On 10/16/2010 01:32 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
I can see that this could be useful - but the code is
not in any way prepared to do this, so this would be pretty hard
to implement.

I would also find it useful, though I appreciate that it won't be easy.

Some of the same purpose is already served by #+PROPERTY: xyz_ALL lines (a kind of tag group) and by tag inheritance (acting like a structured vocabulary in certain contexts, like a notes file structured by topic). But none of this provides the full functionality of structured vocabularies. The Drupal taxonomy module is a nice example.