Re: [Orgmode] bug? - can't set effort from agenda

From: George Pearson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug? - can't set effort from agenda
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:27:05 -0400

On 24 Oct 2010 at 15:45, George Pearson wrote:

> The problem has now changed though, since I added this line to my two
> org files:
>
> #+PRIORITIES: A Z Z
>
> Now when I type "e" on a task in the agenda, and hit a number key to
> set the effort, I get the following:
>
> byte-code: Before first headline at position 223 in buffer master.org.
>
> Position 223 is the 1st character of the line following the priorities
> line.  I have also seen position 203, which is the first character of
> the "priorities" line itself.  Unfortunately, it would be a bit time-
> consuming for me to remove the "priorities" line, as I now have a
> number of tasks outside of the usual A-C range that would need to be
> adjusted first.  Can do it if necessary though.

I have removed the "#+PRIORITIES" line and replaced it with customized
settings (i.e. in .emacs).  Same problem setting effort in the agenda
though:

byte-code: Before first headline at position 203 in buffer master.org

Position 203 is now the beginning of the blank line after my other #+
lines and before the first headline.  Here are the lines preceding
position 203:

#+STARTUP: odd
#+STARTUP: hidestars
#+STARTUP: logdone