[Orgmode] Re: Unbillable clock time

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Unbillable clock time
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:39:21 +0200

Hi,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Ross Patterson <address@hidden> writes:
>> I would like to be able to designate some of my clock time as unbillable
>> such that when using a clockreport the unbillable time is not included. I
>> would also like to compare billable and unbillable time if possible.
>>
>> Currently I either manually change "CLOCK: *" to "UNBILLABLE: *" preserving
>> history but it's kind of messy or I just delete the time altogether, losing
>> history.
>>
>> Is there a better way to accomplish this? If not, may I request this
>> feature. :-) Many time-keeping systems have a "billable" flag for entries.

I also have that same "problem", though marginally (because of the ratio
billed/unbilled in my case).

> I just clock everything. You can make a level 1 heading of * Billable and *
> Non-Billable and create tasks under that to clock.
>
> Then your clock reports will show summaries and the Billable/Non-Billable
> stuff should be obvious.
>
> Alternatively you can keep separate project files for Billable and
> non-Billable. I've used both approaches in the past.

The problem is, sometimes, what's billable and what's not is know afterward.
You can refile, then, yes, but it "completely" changes the structure of your
docs.

I'd like the idea of a property, or some other way to make that explicit
without having to move stuff around.

Best regards,
  Seb

--