Re: [Orgmode] Re: Aligning Columns in HTML Export Tables

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Aligning Columns in HTML Export Tables
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:41:50 +0200

[Veering off-topic, just to round off a discussion]

On 10/25/10 4:55 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

How refer to all right-aligned `td' elements in a certain tables without
some special attribute anyway.

Fair point. (In an ideal world, as long as the whole column is right-aligned it should be enough to refer to all right-aligned `col' elements, but this clearly is not the case today.)

`class' preferred since this is CSS2 and
will work in commen browsers.  I'm not sure how which browsers will
understand  the selector  `table#special td[align="right"] {...}'.

Firefox, Safari, ... The attribute selector is CSS2, too. But I agree `class' is preferred.

BTW: Org mode's exports to XHTML, not HTML 4.01 or HTML 5 (which is a
proposal, not a "standard" or recommendation yet).  Still,
'<td align="right">' is valid XHTML, too.

Absolutely, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. But I think in this regard, at least, the thinking behind the HTML 5 proposal makes sense. (As for the relationship between HTML 5 and XHTML, let's not go there...)

Christian