[Orgmode] General question on dealing with Latex to word conversion

From: Marvin Doyley
Subject: [Orgmode] General question on dealing with Latex to word conversion
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:49:28 -0400

Org mode is now a part of my daily work-flow, not only do I use it for teaching, scheduling my time, but I also use it to store my research notes. The only snag is several of my collaborators is tied to microsoft word, and thus my only work around is to  export my notes and draft from Org to plain text and then reformat everything in word, which real time sync., especially when I have to retype equations in Mathtype.  I know there are bunch of commercial software that claim to be able to convert latex files to word, but most are far from perfect. Is there a more efficient way of tacking this  problem ?  Is there is any plans of developing a org-export-rtf or org-export-docx  function ?

cheers