Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel-gnuplot broken today?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel-gnuplot broken today?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:21:21 -0400

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nigel,
>
> Org-mode gnuplot code blocks do make use of user variables [1] for
> passing arguments into gnuplot.  I believe that this feature may only be
> available in later versions of gnuplot.  I'm using gnuplot 4.4 locally
> and I've had no problems using gnuplot from Org-mode code blocks which I
> do most every day.

Did you try the example that Nigel posted? I think babel *is* broken.
I tried a bisect and can verify that

commit f16c46c856afbd41b115a6a50306c0c002cdb333 is good
(release_7.01h-750-gf16c46c)
commit b664510ec4811491e4611791c24591153abdf5f3 is bad
(release_7.01h-800-gb664510)

but the sequence is not bisectable: when it tries the middle commit
2699f4e9bc7695432cf6aaf1dd48e182b10c2847 (release_7.01h-775-g2699f4e)
it gets "Symbol's value as variable is void: result-type" and it's
not clear to me how to proceed with the bisection at that point. I tried
skipping a bit, but the results were mixed at best.

So it looks to me as if something in those 50 commits broke it.

HTH,
Nick