Re: [Orgmode] indent + showstars

From: bozongo
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] indent + showstars
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:26:07 +0200

On 21.10.10 09:01, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Oct 20, 2010, at 1:56 PM, address@hidden wrote:

I like the indented view, but I also like that the number of stars gives me a
quick visual indication of the level I'm in. So I tried setting

#+STARTUP: indent
#+STARTUP: showstars

in order to get the following look

* level 1
** level 2
*** level 3
**** level 4

However, that does not seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

org-indent-mode forces hiding stars. But of course that can be customized.
in an Org buffer, select from the menu Org->Customize->Browse Org Group
Click plus to open the Group "Org Indent"
And see if there is an option you like.

Thanks, that worked! Just for the record and future reference, though: at least in my Aquamacs installation, the group was called "Org Structure".

Cheers,

        bozo