Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug? Capture not in customize until called by key

From: Gez
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug? Capture not in customize until called by key
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:35:02 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bernt Hansen" <address@hidden>

"Gez" <address@hidden> writes:

... it seems that the customize capture appears
and disappears.

Here's how to replicate, I hope.

With .emacs having no reference to capture (no key defined, no
templates), customize capture is inaccessible (not found via M-x
customize-apropos nor listed in the customize browser)

With .emacs having capture key defined, on each restart of emacs,
customize capture is likewise inaccessible, until the key combination
is called (in my case, C-c c), upon which capture appears both in the
customize browser and via M-x-customize-apropos - until the next
restart.

So you can't use customize for capture until you've both defined a key
for it in .emacs and also called that key combination in the current
session.  I hope that's all clear enough.

Hi Gez,

I think the capture definitions are autoloaded the first time you
capture something.  If you add

(require 'org-capture)

in your .emacs then I think they will always be available.

Thank you, Bernt - that did it.  Much appreciated.

Just in case it's relevant, "Org Capture" appears just after "Org Completion" in the list in the customize browser window now, whereas before it was listed at the end, after "Org Protocol". I suppose that's because of the order of loading.

Gez