[Orgmode] [CONCERN] Orgmode version string

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] [CONCERN] Orgmode version string
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:10:35 +0530

I have every reason to believe that upcoming version of Org would be
tagged as 7.02. Earlier I had argued that version strings be
version-to-list compatible. I would like to reiterate it.

My real concern is that 7.02 would be deemed as equivalent to 7.2
internally by the versioning subsystem and this is likely to clash with
user's point of view. A user would *definitely* assume 7.02 as different
from 7.2 and in all probability swear that former is inferior to the
later.

Please confirm what I am saying by evalling this:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (version-list-= (version-to-list "7.02") (version-to-list "7.2"))
#+end_src

Ignore this mail if it is already taken care of. Needless to say, I have
ELPA-tarballs in mind when I say this.

Jambunathan K.