Re: [Orgmode] Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentation

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of Org-mode docs
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:55:09 -0500

Scot Becker <address@hidden> writes:

> I once saw a video of someone doing a live presentation on something
> Emacs-y and he did the presentation by typing headlines, lists and
> detail in a clean Emacs buffer as he went along, similar to the way
> that some teachers might write out subject headings or outlines on the
> chalkboard or overhead projector as they lecture.  I liked this a
> lot. As I see it, for less formal presentation situations, it lets you
> annotate and record class discussions discussions.  It also lets the
> talk proceed in a less scripted manner:  you can for example re-work
> the problem on the fly according to the way the group has defined it
> in the moment, not only according to the way you planned it at home.
>
> But doing it on the fly means that you don't have any of the
> advantages of typical slide-style presentations: an outline to prompt
> you, important figures, tables and visuals already there, links,
> detail, and the rest, pre-assembled.

I usually do something in-between this at my talks: I just have an
orgmode file that I typed up a brief outline of my talk that I plan to
give inside, along with src code snippets, links, whatever.  This often
works well for a highly technical audience I find.

However, yeah, I've also been interested in a less nerdy presentation
route myself... s5?  One of these others?  There seem to be a lot of
good options these days.  :)