[Orgmode] Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of Org-mode docs
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:17:49 +0200

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:

>> [...]
>>>
>>> If anyone missed it, there is also emacs-muse-slidy.
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/arciniegas/5108022392/
>>>
>>> That is very impressive.
>>
>> Not bad. But there is org-s5 too.
>>
>> http://github.com/sigma/org-s5
>
> Oh cool, this is the first I've seen of S5 or org-S5.

If you check the latest beta of S5 (not org-s5) there is even cooler
feature. You can open a separete window with notes (<div class="notes"/>
how to export a :NOTES: drwer into a div?) and *timers*, so it
is quite comfortable for a real dual head set up.

> I think I'll probably stick with Beamer export for my serious
> presentations, but I like the idea and simplicity of being to run simple
> presentations directly from within Emacs.

S5 and other HTML slide show frameworks have (at least) one great
advantage over Beamer, one can embed (there are at least two ways) SVG
image, which is quite hard with LaTeX/Beamer duo (is there any
command-line tool to convert SVG to EPS/PDF?)
--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach