[Orgmode] Re: [WISH] Org Importers

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [WISH] Org Importers
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:17:35 +0100

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
> FWIW, I have a home-brewed perl script that converts latex documents to
> org-mode files. Loosely based on latex2doc[1], it uses a latex style
> file (generated by the perl script) to markup the pdf output (e.g.
> asterisks for section headings, etc.). The org-formatted pdf is then
> converted to plain text with pdftotext.
>
> It's a crude and by no means comprehensive hack designed to meet my own
> peculiar needs. But I'd be happy to share it on Worg (with ample
> disclaimers) if anyone is interested.
>
> Best,
> Matt
>
> Footnotes:
> [1] http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin/Software/Latex/latex2doc.php

Matt,

I do have a need to convert latex to org every now and again (luckily
not too often) so it would definitely be nice to have this on Worg.  My
own approach is to manually apply a number of regexp substitutions that
don't catch everything.  Your approach sounds quite appealing!

--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D