Re: [Orgmode] Possible Calc support for Org-Babel?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Possible Calc support for Org-Babel?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:54:58 +0100

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
> alright, thanks for sticking with this.  You are definitely now using
> the latest code.  I believe the newest version of the ob-calc-eval
> function should work -- at the very least it should give a nicer error
> message.  Could you please require update again and let me know how it
> goes?

(for the list's benefit: Eric and I have had a few out-of-the-list
exchanges but as everything now seems to be working fine, I thought I'd
reconnect the thread to the list...)

Eric,

just to confirm that it all seems to work just fine from a cold boot of
emacs without any extra (require 'ob-eval).  My babel configuration has
the following:

#+begin_src emacs_lisp
(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((R . t)
   (calc . t)
   (ditaa . t)
#+end_src

and that's about it really.  Evaluating the calc examples you sent
initially all work perfectly.

Using src_calc{5-2}, for instance, also works just fine for export.

I now wonder if it would be worthwhile discussing the choices you have
made regarding stack versus algebraic evaluation.  I would rather have
the quote mean an algebraic expression, just from the simple reason that
these will be longer than stack operations and so the overhead of a
quote is smaller as a percentage of keystrokes...

Anyway, thanks for this.  I think this is going to be quite useful but
it does mean really getting down and learning emacs calc...

--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D