[Orgmode] Unable to generate link in non-org file with org-id-store-link

From: Liam Healy
Subject: [Orgmode] Unable to generate link in non-org file with org-id-store-link present
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:09:48 -0400

With recent versions (since about version 7) of org-mode, I cannot
generate links in a non-org file when org-id-store-link is in
org-store-link-functions.  Either I get an error "before first
headline" (makes no sense to me, since I'm not in an org file), or
emacs spins forever, saturating the CPU and doing nothing.  If I leave
org-id-store-link out of org-store-link-functions, everything works
fine but of course I get no id link in org files.  Is there a fix for
this?

Thanks,
Liam