Re: [Orgmode] Proposal: delete on DONE

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Proposal: delete on DONE
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 01:04:25 -0400

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 4:27 PM, George Pearson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a number of tasks to do (e.g. "reply to Jeff's email") that I
> have NO need to have a record of performing.  Currently, these DONE
> tasks just pile up in my org files and I need to go manually through
> and delete them, a time consuming process.

You might also consider defining a custom agenda view and using bulk
actions to archive done tasks into an archive file.

I've customized org-agenda-custom-commands to show me done tasks from
my org-agenda-files (I'm not sure what this would look like outside
customize):
,----
| '(org-agenda-custom-commands
|   (quote (
|           ("u" "View unscheduled tasks" todo ""
((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)))
|           ("vd" "View DONE Tasks" ((todo "DONE" nil)) nil nil)
|           ("vf" "View DEFER Tasks" ((todo "DEFER" nil)) nil nil)
|           ("vs" "View STARTED Tasks" ((todo "STARTED" nil)) nil nil)
|           ("vx" "View Stuck Tasks" ((stuck "" nil)) nil nil))))
`----

Call up DONE tasks with =C-c a v d= and then mark them all with =m=.
This is a good opportunity to review how productive you were for the
day! Pat yourself on the back. Then press =B $= to send tasks from
`example.org` to `example.org_archive` (there will be a prompt in the
mini-buffer).

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
address@hidden
address@hidden

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/