Re: [Orgmode] Installing Orgmode through ELPA-tarball

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Installing Orgmode through ELPA-tarball
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 10:15:07 -0500

I agree about the word 'easiest'.  Perhaps a more neutral
phrasing of the question, such as:

"How can I install Orgmode through Emacs' Package Manager?"

Tom Short wrote:
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
** What is the easiest way to install latest version of Orgmode?

That's all good information to have, but I'm not sure it's the easiest
way to install the latest version. It may eventually be easy, but the
existing steps look relatively cumbersome.

Using git seems like the easiest way to get the latest version with
the advantage that you can pick the version you want (latest
up-to-the-minute, latest release, or some other release).

- Tom