Re: [Orgmode] bibtex latex export

From: Marvin Doyley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bibtex latex export
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 20:43:53 -0400

It works like a charm,
thanks

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Marvin Doyley <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks,

I will try the variable org-latex-pdf-process
thanks

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:

On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:33 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote:

Hi there,

I realize that there have been a lot of discussion on this topic; however, it is not clear to me how to resolve this issue. More specifically, org-latex-export does a good job convert org to latex, but for some reason bibtex isn't called.  My current work around is run bibtex in a shell after running org-latex-export.

I there a more elegant way of doing this ?

thanks

Aloha M,

I'm not certain I understand your questions, but perhaps this will help.

There are many things one might do with the .tex file created by the Org-mode LaTeX exporter: latex, pdftex, bibtex, makeindex, glossaries, etc.  If your output target is pdf, then the variable org-latex-to-pdf-process is your friend.  This one holds a list of commands to run against the .tex file; one of these commands can be bibtex.

There is some discussion of this here:

hth,
Tom