Re: [Orgmode] How do I convert org to OpenOffice?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How do I convert org to OpenOffice?
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 18:53:25 +0100

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've had mixed results depending on the complexity of the original org
> document.  one of us should really write a proper direct exporter, but I am
> such a slow (and rotten) coder, and so behind on so many projects, that it
> is not going to be me.   There is a rudimentary muse-mode exporter that
> might serve as a partial inspiration:
> http://osdir.com/ml/emacs.muse.general/2008-02/msg00009.html
> also the new rewritten export engine (what is that called again) looks a
> little easier to work with than what's in current org...
>
> if someone does do this please let us all know, I think there are plenty of
> people who would really like to use it.
> Matt

I have struggled a bit with various ways to export from org-mode to
odt. (Thanks for all the tips here.)

And it was not that fun when things gots complicated so I wonder if it
is better with a direct export. I took the rudimentary exporter in
muse and started to work a bit on it. I have not done very much yet,
just the part that puts all things together once the pieces (for
example content.xml) are there. You can find what I have done so far
in util/org-odt.el in the nXhtml repository.