[Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:16:21 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> "Eric Schulte" wrote:
>>> I was getting frequent errors throw by the org-mode fontification engine
>>> recursing too deeply. I've changed it to the following which augments what
>>> you sent with some simple error handling.
>>
>> I _never_ observed problems in my case. Anyway, adding such a protection is
>> the code is a great addition. Thanks!
>
> Hmm, I wonder what the difference could be in our setups.

If you have any interest in it, I can send you my .gnus file by private
email.[3]

>> When I have a bit of time (not directly ;-(), I will try adding missing
>> bits:
>>
>> - colorization of such =org-verbatim= strings, and
>> - of the =:results= "blocks" or lines.
>
> I wonder if the mechanism used by gnus for underlining and italics could
> easily be extended for verbatim markers...

Right. This could be quite easy, in fact.

>> [1] I will send an updated version on the one about sh session.
>
> Sounds good. I often miss emails which don't have [Babel] in the subject
> string.

And I forgot to put that prefix in front of my posting (from 2 hours ago):

  + Sébastien Vauba   19k 2010-11-04 Thu 12:24    o Executing sh code within
sessions

> Also, I currently have a list of >10 emails in my lists.babel folder
> marked for followup that I simply haven't had time to address.

I *really* can imagine. *If you don't mind*, I'll try to make a small list of
the couple of requests for which you could give me little pieces of advice in
order for me to go further.

> I know that at least one of those is from you.

Great!

Best regards,
  Seb

Footnotes:
[3] I still have email addresses and the like to clean before being able to
really
expose it publicly -- which is my ultimate goal.

--
Sébastien Vauban