[Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:21:39 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eric,

>> if it is working, then the following code block should be fontified as
>> if in an Org-mode buffer
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>   (message "is it working?")
>> #+end_src
>
> Definitely not working then!  This comes out as simple text in gnus
> and doesn't look at all like it would in an org buffer for me.

Hm, for me it's shown the same as verbatim blocks or stuff like

this

with the difference that the markers are still visible, which is a good
thing, cause else the language wouldn't be visible.  I've added only

;; Highlight org-babel source code blocks and results like verbatim marks.
(add-to-list 'mm-uu-type-alist
             '(org-babel-block
               "^#\\+begin_src"
               "^#\\+end_src"
               (lambda nil
                 (mm-uu-verbatim-marks-extract 0 0))
               nil))

(add-to-list 'mm-uu-type-alist
             '(org-babel-results
               "^#\\+results:"
               "\n\n"
               (lambda nil
                 (mm-uu-verbatim-marks-extract 0 0))
               nil))

(mm-uu-configure)

to my ~/.gnus.el.

I use the gnus version from its git repository, but that shouldn't make
a difference.

Bye,
Tassilo