[Orgmode] Re: [patch] two bugs: one with comments and with exporting inl

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [patch] two bugs: one with comments and with exporting inline tasks
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:32:10 +0100

Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> In terms of what to actually do with inline tasks on export, what I would
> love to see would be to have an inline task converted to a footnote with a
> marginpar note, along the lines of:
>
> #+begin_src org
> ***************************** TODO figure out why this doesn't work
> Some text in the body of the inline task.
> ***************************** END
> #+end_src
>
> being converted to, say:
>
> #+begin_src latex
> \footnote{\textbf{<<headline text>>}: <<body
> text>>}\marginpar{\fbox{\thefootnote}}
> #+end_src
>
> i.e. where <<headline text>> would be replaced by "TODO figure out why this
> doesn't work" and <<body text>> by all the text between the ****** lines.
> This is roughly the type of construct I use when I annotate latex documents
> directly. What do you think?

... that we need this.

> We could make this a two argument latex function:
>
> #+begin_src latex
> \newcommand{\processinlinetask}[2]{%
> \footnote{\textbf{#1}: #2}\marginpar{\fbox{\thefootnote}}%
> }
> #+end_src
>
> which is defined in the org latex preamble and which a user could
> customise through =\renewcommand= if desired (or through an org emacs
> variable, of course).  It would be invoked as
>
> #+begin_src latex
> \processinlinetask{<<headline text>>}{<<body text>>}
> #+end_src
>
> We'd have to escape {}s maybe and it could be
> somewhat fragile if there are multiple paragraphs in the inline body
> text...
>
> For HTML, you could convert to end notes maybe or some type of box
> inline with the text... (well, customisable by the user through CSS I
> guess)
>
> Thanks,
> eric

In exactly the same line of sight, I'm using the following already for (pure)
LaTeX -- I mean, not yet integrated within Org --:

#+begin_src latex
% must be loaded after url and hyperref
\RequirePackage[colorinlistoftodos]{todonotes}% (not in medium TeX Live
installation)
address@hidden@backgroundcolor}{my-color-brand}
address@hidden@linecolor}{my-color-brand}

\newcounter{mycomment}
\newcommand{\mycomment}[2][]{% initials of the author + note in the margin
address@hidden
    \refstepcounter{mycomment}
    {\setstretch{0.7}% spacing
    \todo[color={red!100!green!33},size=\small]{%
    \textbf{Comment [\uppercase{#1}\themycomment]:}~#2}}
\else
    \relax
\fi
}

\newcommand{\mytodo}[2][]{% title in bold + note
\refstepcounter{mycomment}
{\todo[inline,color=blue!20]{
\textbf{TODO [\uppercase{#1}\themycomment]:}~#2}}}
#+end_src

This is using the package =todonotes= which is, euh, excellent!  Just have a
look, and you see that, with the above chunk of code, we can easily manage:

- mycomment :: margin notes (more for a comment, IMHO) and
- mytodo :: inlined notes (more for "inline tasks", IMHO).

Of course, this should now be automagically used by Org, as you do explain
above.

Best regards,
  Seb

--