Re: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 21:36:15 +0000

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga wrote:

[...]

>> Just to update you all.  I found the problem and it had nothing to do
>> with either gnus or org!  The problem was that I had the following in my
>> font-lock-mode-hook:
>>
>> : (show-ws-highlight-trailing-whitespace)
>>
>> This seemed to wipe out all other font locking information in gnus.
>
> Funny. I have this -- a lot in comments! -- in my .emacs file:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>       ;; highlight trailing whitespaces in all modes
>       (setq-default show-trailing-whitespace t)
>
>       ;; ;; FIXME When turned on, Gnus becomes black and white only...

Yes, exactly what I had.  Since I had the hook set *before* I started
using gnus again (I did used to use it a couple of years ago), I hadn't
realised that I was getting very little font locking happening!  I'll
try the =setq-default= to see if that works.

[...]

>> Apologies for all the noise and thanks to all that tried to help me!
>
> You're welcome. And... then... what's your impression? ;-)

Love it!  Having emacs-lisp and latex code blocks fontified within an
email message is fantastic.  Thanks!

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.02trans (release_7.3.28.g8744.dirty)