[Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Executing sh code within sessions

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Executing sh code within sessions
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 09:14:20 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Yes, I've noticed the shell session evaluation problems as well. I think one
> possible solution is for us to move from the current schema of echoing a
> babel-specific marker to indicate that evaluation has completed (which isn't
> working very well and is fairly ugly to boot) and move towards something
> more like what Dan has done with R, where the output is written to a file,
> and we check for that file to be created to signal the end of session based
> evaluation.

Will that handle ssh remote execution?  I still have no clue to do that via
the sh code blocks, but that's what I'm targetting to. Therefore, the need for
a session.:

1. code block to open the ssh connection
2. code block with some code
3. code block with other code
4. code block with logout

> This is certainly something that needs to be addressed, however I for one
> won't have any time over the next week (I'm attending a conference).
>
> Rest assured this issue is in our inbox. :)

OK, I stop pressuring you ;-)  No, really, I hope you wouldn't feel it like
that.

#+begin_src note
Anyway, next week, I won't have much time either: all the free time will go
into demolishing (part of) my house, before big works scheduled (or
DEADLINEd?) in Feb...
#+end_src

Thanks a lot for your continuous support.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban