Re: [Orgmode] An Org-mode clone for Vim

From: Urs Rau (UK)
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] An Org-mode clone for Vim
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 11:09:15 +0000

Herbert,

Wow! Thanks. great work. I really like the org-mode functionality, but I just
can't get my head to grasp the whole emacs philosophy and series of key chords.
I am a long time user of vi and have tried many a time over the years to pick
up using emacs, but it always took a lot of effort and always eventually
fizzled out, as I was faster and more productive with vi. But I never had a
'every day' need like using org-mode that might have kept me on track.

But your effort is very timely for me, as I was already slipping away from
using org-mode in emacs, as the whole emacs overhead was undoing the
productivity gains org-mode was buying me.

Keep up the good work, and please let use know , with a link posted here, when
the code is up on github and we can start using and cleaning it.

Thanks

--
Urs Rau