[Orgmode] Re: Was tj3 --> tikz gantt chart

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Was tj3 --> tikz gantt chart
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:46:40 +0000

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> While I like tj3, I was looking around for something on tikz/gantt and
> found something from the pgf mailing list I thought I'd pass
> along. Check it out.  [1]

Thanks for the link.  My own code was based on this snippet of tikz code
actually; I just forgot to give a proper attribution <blush>.

> I'll be tinkering more with this to see if
> some kind of table couldn't be used to bring in the right data to form
> a gantt chart with tikz in org-mode using babel.

which is what I did; did you not see the code in the org file I attached
to the message of mine you refer to:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/31824

>  Where I'd like to go
> (for my purposes):
>
> - dates generated based on first/last task (or something else)
> - smart text placement (yours is varied to be next to the task; easier to go
> with the standard of putting them on the left in a colum?)
> - some kind of dependency denoting
> - varied fonts for top level vs. sub-level items
> - pretty it up

All of these would be nice.  The format of the table I defined is
sufficient to enable dependency representation as well, by the way.

I look forward to your improvements!

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.02trans (release_7.3.29.gd96c.dirty)