[Orgmode] Re: [BUG] ob-sqlite.el, -init doesn't work with some options

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] ob-sqlite.el, -init doesn't work with some options
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:45:10 +0100

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ob-sqlite.el uses -init option to provide sqlite with a src block
>> content, however, this prevetns sevarl options' from taking an
>> effect. Particularly -header (and it's opposite), -csv and -header
[...]
> Thanks for mentioning this issue and for posting a workaround.
>
> Would you suggest a different method of passing the body of a sqlite
> code block to the sqlite command?  The only other options which
> immediately occurs to me would involve =cat='ing the body of the code
> block through a pipe to the sqlite command (which would probably only
> work on unix systems).

I think this is the way we are supposed to do this from sqlite's point
of view as -init is rather somthing like rc file that prepares the
envioronment for further work. As far as cat(1) is concerned, please
remember that windows is alergic and doesn't keep one, it holds =type=.
IMHO the cleanest way of pushing commands to Emacs' child's stdin is
=shell-command-on-region=, which should work on every OS Emacs works.

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach