[Orgmode] Pretty-up Log Entries

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [Orgmode] Pretty-up Log Entries
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:28:25 -0600

If I recall correctly, the log entries shown in the agenda
are pretty much hard-coded and difficult to change.

I recall fairly easy ways of sending data from emacs to external files,
and then formatting that data with script(s) or some external program, then
reading them back into emacs.

Would org-babel be a good thing to use to grab the log book from
the agenda, then massage the data in an external script, and then
bring the data back into Emacs?

Specifically, I'm looking to simplify the log entry report.  Here's an example
of what I'd like to see:

9:05 Did something                      10 minutes
9:15 Something else                    20 minutes
 -- 40 minutes unaccounted for --
10:30 Something else                    2 minutes
10:30 Another task                        10 minutes <-- overlapping
items, needs fixing

Total:                             1:00

Any suggestions for accomplishing this?  I'd like to be able to snap-look
at the stuff I've done today and be able to tidy up the time and find holes to
account for.

Thanks,
--Nate