[Orgmode] Re: Store link upon sending a message

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Store link upon sending a message
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:55:50 +0100

Eric S. Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I came back to the matter of storing an org link to a copy of a message
>> upon sending that message.  The function below does just that and proves
>> to be quite useful together with a sensible key binding (if you use Gnus
>> and Gcc that is).
>
> Very nice!  Works very well.  Thanks.
>
> Instead of binding this to a command sequence, is there any hook we can
> attach the function to so that it's invoked for every message I send
> (I'm somewhat of a gnus noob unfortunately although I'm learning...)?  I
> ask because I alternative between =C-c C-c= and =C-c C-j= for sending
> emails and I would need to provide two alternatives to incorporate your
> function.

hmmm, never thought of this, probably because I never use
`gnus-delay-article'.  You could try to put the function into
`message-send-hook' (but you should remove the call to
`message-send-and-exit' first).  I don't know if this would work as I
don't know if the Gcc magic (incl. removal of Gcc header) is done before
or after that hook.  If the Gcc header has been removed when
`message-send-hook' is called than you'll have to look for a different
hook to use.  If the Gcc header is still present, it should probably
work as expected but note that in that case the org link will be created
before the actual copying of the message took place. If something goes
wrong with the latter this will leave you with a bogus org link (which,
however, is probably not much of a problem).

Ulf