[Orgmode] Re: Store link upon sending a message

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Store link upon sending a message
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:07:21 +0100

Eric S. Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks.  I realised after sending my earlier message that this is going
> to be quite complicated.  There's no point in storing a link when the
> message is actually sent (after all, that will be sometime later).  I
> would want to store the link when I send the message to the delay queue
> (so that I can do something with the link, of course) so there really
> need to be two versions of your function.
>
> Should be doable.  I'll think about it some more.

ah, now I seem to understand.  With your scenario I'd probably remove the
call to `message-send-and-exit' from
`ulf-message-send-and-org-gnus-store-link' and advise both
`message-send-and-exit' and `gnus-delay-article' to run the modified
function before execution.  This would leave you with a stored link
right after a `C-c C-c' and `C-c C-j'.  But in case of the latter, the
org link will be bogus until the message has actually been sent.  Could
that be a way to go for you?

Ulf