[Orgmode] #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE not exporting to LaTeX

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE not exporting to LaTeX
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:29:25 -1000

Aloha all,

The LaTeX exporter passes over #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE blocks. In the following example, "Absent" does not make it into the .tex file, but "Present" does. I'm expecting the #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE block to appear in the .tex file wrapped in a verbatim environment.

* Export LaTeX examples
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
Absent
#+END_EXAMPLE

: Present

I'm using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.69.ga3e99) with many customizations of the LaTeX exporter in my .emacs. I'm wondering if I've done something wrong, or if others are seeing this behavior?

Thanks,
Tom