Re: [Orgmode] Business process diagrams in org-mode

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Business process diagrams in org-mode
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:40:31 -1000

On Nov 16, 2010, at 6:35 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

Bart Bunting <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much for the suggestion!

I'm not familiar with dot but will invest some time to see if I can get
my head around it.

This sounds like a good solution. Perhaps just writing directly in dot
will solve my problem.

Possibly, although as it is possibly nicer to work with org tables, and because my train was delayed 45 minutes on the way to work this morning, here (attached as an org file with babel emacs lisp code) is one attempt
at a solution.

There is one bug in this code: for some reason, the dot code generated
by the emacs lisp code gets embedded in an org EXAMPLE block. Not sure
why but I have to do something else now...  I'll try to come back to
this later.

Oh, I also changed your table so that each next step takes up a column
entry in the table.  This is not ideal but I didn't want to bother
parsing the actual table entries.

<businessprocess.org>
HTH,
eric

Hi Eric,

Neat!  This gets rid of the #+begin_example ... #+end_example for me:

#+call: esf/business-process[:results value raw](table=processtable, file="business.pdf", name="process") :results value raw

All the best,
Tom