Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:32:40 -0600

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:
Of these three options, which do you think makes the most sense?

1) a /hook in the exporter/ to unfill paragraphs, or
2) a way for the HTML to instruct the browser to /ignore
   newlines/, or
3) an unfill-region that works better than mine.

4) Was what I sent back desirable/acceptable from how I export?
--- 4a) if not, await answers on 1-3
--- 4b) if so, figure out what the difference is between what you get and what I get and then automate the process.

I realize it's not working properly for you, but it seemed like my output is what you're looking for:
--- exporting just the region desired
--- no heading/footer stuff
--- unfilled via perl
--- all html tags for links and emphasis work great
--- quick; not sure how much you blog, but once I'm done typing and spell checking, it takes me less than 1-2min to do my process and most of that is just me being anal in checking it over prior to clicking "post." The actual export to copy-able/paste-able text takes 20sec or so.

John