Re: [Orgmode] Bastien is going to become the maintainer of Org mode in J

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bastien is going to become the maintainer of Org mode in January
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:45:38 -0500

When I first started using org-mode, the way I do my work became more
efficient and much easier. Now, if I want to do something new, I first
take a look at the org-mode manual to see if I can use org-mode to do
the new thing. I haven't been able to fit org-mode into everything, but
I haven't given up trying.

Carsten, thank you so much for developing and maintaining org-mode. Not
only is it an utterly great piece of software, but the community around
it is very friendly and open, something which I credit to you. Every
time I've sent a ridiculous question to the mailing list, I've received
a polite and helpful response. On other lists, the response would have
been "RTFM."

Bastien, I think org-mode will be in very fine hands when you take over.
It is clear to me that under your leadership org-mode will continue to
improve for a long time to come.

Scott Randby