[Orgmode] Re: Bastien is going to become the maintainer of Org mode in J

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bastien is going to become the maintainer of Org mode in January
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:39:34 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> First of all: *thanks* Carsten for Org!
>
> Moreover thanks for your patience while building this software and this
> community over the years.  There is a true spirit of mutual respect and
> mutual learning in this list -- we wouldn't have grown so fast and so
> far without your constant dedication to such values.
>
> Needless to say I'm thrilled to step up as a maintainer, so thank for
> your trust.
>
> I don't have other plans than to keep Org as good as it is and as people
> want it to be, both regarding the code and the documentation.
>
> Also thanks everyone for the nice words and the "good luck" :)
>
> PS: As a child, my hero was Bastian from the "The neverending story"...
> let's hope Org will be such a neverending story!

Hi Bastien,

Congratulations! and *thanks* for stepping up as the new org-mode
maintainer.  I'm sure you'll do a great job as the new maintainer of
this project.

I'm looking forward to using and learning new org-mode-features ...
for the rest of my life :)  Somehow I don't think I'll cover
everything org-mode can do in that time frame but I'll use the best
parts that work for me and ignore the rest -- that seems to work well so
far.

Congrats again!

Best regards,
Bernt